Saturday, July 19, 2008

You Can Run, but You Can't Hide

It has slowly dawned on me (and others in the group) that we only have two weeks left of our program. I find myself consistently checking a calendar to make sure that is accurate because it feels like we should have about a month left, but NO, I am almost finished with my program and halfway through my journey.

To put it lightly, that is whack.

And with the reality check of a timeline, small things of my former life have also been laying eggs in my happy nest of a Philippine utopia - I need to find a job.

The nice thing about craigslist is that I can check for jobs across the globe just as easily as if I were in Cleveland.

Job market isn't looking too good.

I don't think I want to process my unemployment status for another month. Come, say, August 25 when I have another 14 hour flight into Chicago, I'll begin brainstorming a plan of survival.

Until then, utopia it is...

No comments: